Nectarine Bran Muffins
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 18g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh Summeripe® nectarines, chopped (about 1 1/2 nectarines)
- Combine cereal and orange juice; let stand several minutes for bran to absorb juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir egg and oil into bran until well mixed.
- Add bran mixture and chopped nectarines to dry ingredients; stir only until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be thick and lumpy).
- Spoon batter into 12 greased 2 1/2-inch muffin cups.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve hot.
Mountain View Fruit Sales http://mountainviewfruit.com/