Miso-Glazed Cod with Charred Red Onions, Nectarine and Radish Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 528
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 60g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 14g
Monounsaturated Fat 36g
Total Carbohydrates 193g
Dietary Fiber 18g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Olive oil / Chive drizzle
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 inch cube lemon flesh, skin and pit removed
- 1/2 cup snipped chives
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 1/2 cups miso paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablepsoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 3 medium red onions
- Splash red wine vinegar
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (8-oz.) black cod fillets
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 medium Summeripe® nectarines, peeled and pitted and sliced
- 24 small round red radishes, quartered
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin oilve oil
- Chopped chives (garnish)
- Whisk together olive oil/chive drizzle ingredients and set aside. To prepare fish marinade, cook mirin and wine in a small saucepan over medium heat until reduced by half; stir in miso paste and water with a wooden spoon until dissolved.
- Increase heat to high and add sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Add chile powders and let cool completely.
- Place fish and marinade in a glass dish; cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Just before cooking fish, peel onions, leaving the base intact; cut each into 6 wedges. Lightly toss with vinegar and oil in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over high heat and cook until nicely charred; place back in bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand for 10 minutes to soften; set aside.
- Remove fish from marinade and blot dry with paper towels. Coat with oil and cook on a well-cleaned and oiled grill over medium heat until well-marked and tender on one side.
- Transfer to a piece of heavy-duty foil placed over indirect heat. Cook for about 13 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, stir together preserves and water and press through a fine-mesh sieve; brush mixture over fish and cook for 2 minutes more. Brush peach preserve mixture over nectarine slices and grill until well-marked and tender.
- To serve, toss all salad ingredients together in a large bowl with grilled onions and nectarines. Place equal amounts onto 4 serving plates and top with fish. Drizzle with olive oil/chive mixture and sprinkle with chives.
Mountain View Fruit Sales http://mountainviewfruit.com/